It feels strange to be going about our normal business when everything seems broken… Not that it is a new thing, but the cumulative brokenness does seem to be weighing more heavily. I’m trying every day to do one thing that brings a little bit of peace to the world. Donating money, writing to someone who needs encouragement, doing something nice for no reason… It helps a bit but it still feels like there is just too much to tackle…
This week we are starting to work on the inside of our cabins and planning spaces for ourselves. What is the ONE thing you want to make a non-negotiable space for inside your cabin, perhaps for something you do not have right now? A particular art work? An activity? A beloved piece of furniture?
In real life… What is the one thing you can do this week that will bring you or anyone else a bit of peace?
Last week’s goals
FINISH paper edits
Edit more thesis chapters
Do more grant accounting and PD accounting
Buy stuff with new grant money
Conference meetings and abstract wrangling
Dame Eleanor Hull
Keep core work hours.
Health: cardio daily, stretch x6, track bedtime.
Research: 30 min x6 (2 projects), dead languages x3 each.
Teaching: write more assignments, keep building VILE sites, grade 2 short assignments.
Life stuff: collect tax stuff, do something fun.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Scan at least three relevant articles for the most
interesting potential article.
Organize my files of “articles to read.”
Integrate my ADD planning pages into my “normal person” planner.
1) Finish visa applications and schedule appointment
2) Process new journal article
3) Submit tiny grant application
4) Spend a solid 2-3 hours reading for new vignette!
Humming42 (held over)
1 write Boredom chapter
2 write Food chapter
3 write Roma conference presentation
4 organize all the Tiny Project drafts
5 submit DQ proposal
1) call GP about anxiety etc.
2) do teaching prep for week 6
3) make time to read or do D&D prep 4 days
4) Do some literature searching for Why
5) make posts/advertising about the May Training Course
6) finish marking the drafts
7) move intentionally 10 minutes a day
1. Make master plan of all due dates for teaching and
2. VILE boards done each day, and week 3 and 4 fully ready to go.
3. Feedback done for postgrad article, finish chapter two in the ongoing saga
4. 500 words on KL
5. Weather permitting, paint window frame
Susan (held over)
4 days on Famous Author
start reading ms for friend
Yard stuff (contact another contractor)
Keep up with exercise, healthy eating
Do something fun
Talk with friend