The next room of the museum I'm guiding you through has porcelains. It's a room intended for teaching purposes, with pieces from different countries and periods, large and small, painted, glazed, abstract, representational, useful and purely decorative all combined. There's an 'activities corner' where visitors can make mosaics using shards of broken porcelain, and a lump of clay to squeeze and, maybe, make something, if you feel like it.
If any element of that room speaks to you, tell us what it is, along with your report on progress and list of goals for the coming week; if not, let it go, and just give us the report and list.
Here's where we were last week:
1) Work on
local paper every day this week
2) Make reading list for graduate seminar
3) Record the next three weeks of lectures
4) My intentional thing for the week: flu shot… and ice cream!
Dame Eleanor Hull
cardio and stretching, weights x 3, try to eat carefully and sleep enough.
*Teaching: Grade 2 sets of discussion board posts, 3 sets of papers.
*Research: make plan for addressing revisions; some time on both dead and live languages; some other reading.
*Service: work on exam-related document for dept., prep for Monday meeting.
*Admin: do two online trainings and get them over with.
*Fun stuff: read, listen to last in concert series.
*House/life: deposit check, sort and file papers.
*Track time, at least roughly.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
transcribing notes from archive trip.
Compile visual aids for presentation.
Order unofficial transcripts.
Schedule flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Get passport picture.
Read and annotate three articles in the digital humanities bibliography.
Read fun book.
Walk 2x7; meditate 1x7; write 2 hours x 5; something positive 1x7.
Record 2 lectures, edit 4 transcripts, prep next batch of PowerPoints, create
and post all remaining paper prompts so that I can stop worrying about
2) Recommendation letter for current student (I have never in my life had to write so many LORs!!), submit letter for two recent grads
3) Research: Read 3 ch/day of NunG vol 4
4) Exercise regimen, language x3, sit x3
5) Do my best to check off all the service tasks, especially recording a cheery message about our major for the Majors Fair
6) Do something fun?
1 work on
2 write weekly blog post
3 finish reading essays for award judging
4 submit conference proposal
5 grade every day
6 work on November conference paper
7 revise and resubmit book review
JaneB (held over)
1) set goals
2) use BuJo
3) do some Preptober things
4) be kind. be kind. be kind. (but don't be a doormat).
5) organise supplies I have and try to make rational decision about what to buy.
6) referee an article
7) prepare as much of week 4 as possible
8) draft my text for grant application, comment on two manuscripts one very urgently, and other things I doubtless forgot.
1. Work on own
2. Exercise 3x a week and try to go for short walks/breaks outside
3. Finalize movement into state system for aunt
4. DGS stuff- will be a big week for this and the question of grad admissions for next year
5. Read student diss to prepare for her defense (second student defending!!!)
6. Try to get eating and house (quite disorderly now) under some semblance of control
author: 2 hours
2. MS review for journal
3. Start reading material for promotion review
4. One week ahead on each course
5. Do financial record thing
6. Fill out ballot (this is California. It's long.)
7. Walk x 3, yoga or other x 2
8. Get back into book I'm reading
9. Get to bed by 10