It always feels strange to be posting around the time of Thanksgiving when it isn't my celebration, and yet is so ubiquitous in the virtual world (and can I briefly complain about non-US companies jumping on the whole Black Friday sales thing - why do we need yet more marketing spam in the world?).
Nonetheless, coming closer to the end of the year is a good time to reflect on all those who have accompanied, carried or otherwise supported us. To consider what it means to be in connection and in community, and how we can still hold that close even when in disrupted and difficult times. What gratitude are you carrying, and how do you feel it? How might you embody gratitude?
1) Continue with revisions for paper related to poster. FOREVER apparently…
2) Catch up from being away with life stuff and doctors and vets and things
3) Go through Albatross paper material and send things to coauthor for help
4) Plan grad classes for rest of term and early January
5) Catch up with Baby Albatross coauthors and talk about plans
6) Do something fun with friends
Dame Eleanor Hull
Health: yoga x6, weights x3, medium walks, bed by 10:30 at least 5x.
Research: start putting together chapter; study both dead languages; read a book.
Teaching: do some spring prep.
Life Stuff: renew car registration, finish joint account admin, finish pockets and replace buttons on a cardigan.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Enjoy the drive as much as possible.
Eat better than I’m tempted to do, sleep more, relax, and enjoy the family time.
If there is down time, continue the list of next steps for the AYU (as-yet-unnamed) article.
1) Conference paper
2) Submit WH manuscript!!
3) Review 2 Gen Ed proposals
4) Record lecture for next week
5) Read 2 articles
7) Celebrate husband's birthday!
humming42 (carried over)
1 submit three book reviews
2 submit article review
3 work on mentoring program application
4 catch up on grading
5 as noted, draft some lines every day
Once my grading arrives, do a little grading every day. Be KIND - to students, to myself. Drink more water, move some more, take time to breath. try to work out what is going on with the grant we actually got, but can't start due to paperwork issues.
Teaching - get exemplar page prepared for review
Research - get 2 postgrads through milestones and celebrate!
Self and Home - yoga x 3, music practice, keep up good sleep habits.
1. Enjoy family time
2. Finish Book for blurb
3. Grade next batch of papers
4. Eat well
1. Finish blurb book
2. Grade new set of papers (paper #3)
3. Have fun with family
4. Eat well