I also want to again congratulate heu mihi on receiving tenure. Huzzah!
*When I used to surf, we'd always talk about how the more you surf, the more you want to surf. Our phrase for this was "stoke builds stoke."
2) Plan out new paper :)
Teaching: grade two sets of papers; write a final exam.
Admin: prep for meeting; fill out some paperwork.
House/Life: pay two bills; reconcile accounts; call plumber; clear a desk.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Cull out the materials to pack for the sabbatical office.
Finish packing for the move to the future office.
Proofread the edition 1 hour x 5.
Transcribe handwritten notes 1 hour x 5.
Plan sabbatical, remembering the adage that living well is the best revenge.
1) Support daughter and comfort her if things don't go her way, but without taking on all of her emotions.
2) Integrate feedback on article to get it ready to submit.
3) Schedule son's b-day dinner.
4) Order son's b-day gifts.
5) Exercise twice.
6) Write 500 words of fiction.
7) Oh, yeah: Do all the things I need to do to host a pre-dance party for a pack of seventh grade girls (without going overboard or feeling the need to have the same quality of food that the other mom had when she hosted).
8) Try to remember what the things that's going on this Saturday that I've forgotten.
1. Take some contemplative time to think about what I want/need to do to make myself feel like less of a mess. (Mostly I just need to make it to May 2, but I’d still like to plan and get organized.)
2. Exercise within reason. Don’t be hard on myself. Take walks when possible (the weather is good).
3. Prep final classes, including next week’s.
4. Complete Gen Ed reviews.
5. Touch research/writing in some way.
6. Prepare for graduate student’s oral exams (next Tuesday).
7. Grade batch of papers.
8. Get all of this done so that I can enjoy family time on Saturday.
1 Proofread manuscript page proofs
2 Write index
1) submit GrantINeverShouldHaveStarted
2) do SOMETHING non work other than eat, mess with phone and stress about work when I get home in the evening
3) fill out big form for SocietyTHing as far as possible
4) read latest version of SurprisePaper and edit for English.