Apparently several people have had A Week, to judge by goals, carry-overs, and comments from last week. Best wishes to those who are ill, or overwhelmed, or any combination thereof. We'll keep on keeping on, floating like mist, flowing like water, and/or unyielding as ice, depending on abilities and circumstances, and we'll be sending good vibes to all members past and present who can use them.
Shape of the week: arrow. What are your associations? Up, down, forward, back? Archery? If you sit a squat up-arrow on its base, you might see a Christmas tree, or a fire hydrant. ⇒⇑⇓⇐⇯
FINISH grant and send to colleagues
for reading NOW REALLY URGENT!!!
Do revisions for paper that just came back URGENT
Dame Eleanor Hull
- keep smoothing the essay
- Notes on MET book and C&C read 2 weeks ago
- Grade new set of undergrad papers
- Devise guides for in-class peer review (now urgent)
- Do some House/Life/Car thing
- Have fun at Saturday dinner with friends
- do yoga at least 4 times, weights x2, walk x5
Recover from COVID
Humming42 (carried over)
1 catch up on grading (already!)
2 write 1000 words for Food chapter
3 create module structure for online class
4 catch up on emails and organizing online files
1) do two days on campus without
guilt at not being there more
2) don't do more than 9 hours a day max. Aim for one day with NO WORK.
3) prepare teaching for the following week
4) Rewrite another two sections of draft paper
5) do minimum house chores that keep getting lost.
1. Keep on top of teaching, but try
not to let it encroach other areas.
2. Keep Thursday research-only.
3. Get to writing group on Friday for at least a couple of hours before teaching.
4. Enjoy some 'me' time while kids away for half-term.