So nice to read about all the things everyone does to make the world a little better every day. Keep at it, keep doing little and big things. As a character in beloved, recently re-read book pointed out “if you cannot shine like a star, then shine like a candlestick”….
Quite a few of us are on break this week, so I hope you get a little bit of a breather, time to rest, time to regroup, and time to do something enjoyable!
So, in that spirit… Can you pick out something for a place of pride in your cabin that is entirely frivolous (or deeply important, sometimes those are the same thing!) and will be there only because you love it? Bonus points if it has no practical use and no utility for work and takes up space that can be better used elsewhere and exists ONLY to make you happy! Extra bonus points if the rest of the world thinks it is ugly and useless and your nearest and dearest would like it to disappear!
Quote I cannot remember the source of: “it is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness”… Keep shining your light!!!
Last week’s goals
Be extra kind to students when editing/rewriting things
Conference meetings and abstract wrangling, make program
Something fun with kid
Dame Eleanor Hull
Keep core work hours.
Health: cardio daily, stretch x6, track bedtime.
Research: 30 min x6 (2 projects), dead languages x3 each.
Teaching: write more assignments, keep building VILE sites, grade 1 short assignment and two sets of papers.
Life stuff: collect tax stuff (now urgent), do something fun.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Finish putting the ADD pages (mostly the goals section)
into my planner.
Search ten articles I have in paper to replace with electronic copies.
Take notes on a couple of the articles for the potential article.
1) Read at least 2 articles
2) Draft issue intro for journal (with co-editor)
3) Revisit full project plan and prepare for break
4) 1 Gen Ed review
5) Read essay for grad class that's happening after break
1 Attend March conference, present paper, talk to editor
2 It’s spring break, so catch up on grading and writing new assignments
3 submit upcoming and late book review
4 write and submit extended abstract, time permitting. It's a thing about Ukraine, so it might fit in with doing a good thing
1) call GP about anxiety etc. because this is not going to
2) do teaching prep for week 7
3) make time to read or do D&D prep 4 days
4) Send an email to the "Why" author group
5) do a little more advertising about the May Training Course
6) Respond to reviewers comments on Group paper
7) move intentionally 10 minutes a day
Karen (held over)
Make master plan of all due dates for teaching and honours
2. VILE boards done each day, and week 3 and 4 fully ready to go.
3. Feedback done for postgrad article, finish chapter two in the ongoing saga
4. 500 words on KL
5. Weather permitting, paint window frame
1. Finish this chapter (doable) before trip to Library
2. Keep reading ms.
3. Do fun thing
4. Go to all the meetings
5. Keep up with exercise & good eating
6. Set up Mom's new computer (hangs over me . . .anxiety.)