We have arrived, and taken tea, explored the garden, watched or participated in lawn tennis, depending upon our inclinations and abilities. I believe the cat-dragon is now patrolling the attics, where I trust it will account for any vermin without incinerating the roof over our heads. The dinner gong will soon be heard, and at present we must retire to our rooms and don appropriate attire for a formal meal.
If you choose to take this directive metaphorically, you may do so. Or you may wish to describe your toilette. As an elderly lady, I shall of course wear my black silk, though I draw the line at a lace cap. My hair remains thick and shiny, though grey, and I shall let it crown the glory of my grandmamma's diamond ear-drops, the ones she gave me after I eloped with Sir John all those years ago. (Dear Papa came round eventually, thanks in part to Grandmamma's approval, not to mention her threat to re-write her will.)
Other preparations include reviewing goals set last week, and planning the week to come.
1) Finish data analysis and figures for paper-that-everyone-forgot-about-and-now-need-done-fast
2) Finish photography for figures in new local paper and send away samples
3) Pick another old paper and start on revisions
4) Assemble Baby Albatross paper and send to co-authors for review
5) Get kid activities and a bunch of doctor’s appointments sorted out
6) Run at least 3 times
Dame Eleanor Hull
*Outline chapter on women's households, move in chunks of text, note holes to fill.
*As usual, correct work done by Johnson and Miss Baddesley.
*Speak to Canon Thomson about pupils for the winter.
*Put away various papers in my study, so the maids can dust without fear of disturbing my work.
*Try again to arrange concert tickets.
*Continue to retire at appropriate hour for a lady of my age, and to take suitable exercise.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Go through one box in the home office, and deal with everything in it.
1. Run x 4, yoga x 2, sit x 5
2. Read relevant portion of graduate thesis
3. Finish book I've been slogging through
4. Compile and edit first 4 essays for WH
5. Draft grant budget
1 submit two book reviews
2 submit midterm grades for 6 week class
3 work on lit review for Photos conference presentation
4 rake the front yard
5 brainstorm early October conference talk
1) self-care: do 3 songs worth of exercise each day, "basket swap" at
the end of the week, clear off the reading chair in my work area, take
car for walk and put petrol in it
2) teaching: get initial versions of VLE sites for all modules (7 in total, 1 done) up by Friday, with a list of eevrything else that needs doing made
3) admin: get caught up on stupid CPD videos and things
4) research: read over what we said we'd do for the grant that got funded, and make some initial notes. draft possible PhD idea for internal competition. big edit of results and discussion for Ferret.
- Teaching: record next week's lecture, get assessment FAQ page done, send around marking instructions for the upcoming round
- Research: feedback to O, chase P for writing/meeting; 3 pomodoros on SoTL and finish abstract
-Self and home: 3 x pomodoro on home office, 3 x yoga/online exercise thing; increase weekly steps average, be kind
1. Two sessions on famous author
2. Finish article prize citation
3. Finish tenure review letter
4. Read materials for pre-tenure review
5. Do 3-4 hours on self-study
6. Keep up with teaching
7. Call about yard stuff
8. Do fun things
9. Keep up with exercise / healthy eating