Last week, JaneB called August the hinge of the year: for you, does that mean the door is closing, or opening? Perhaps it's a swing door that will go back and forth for awhile before it stills, if it does.
In May (remember May, when the season lay ahead of us?), we said "This session runs until mid-August, which makes it a 12 week session (mid-point = 2-3 July, last goal setting post = 13-14th August, wrap-up session = 20-21 August)." So set goals for this week, and next weekend we'll meet again to reflect on how we did, both with the week and with the session.
We should also think about the next session: how long, starting and ending points, and who will host it.
A prompt, if you feel like addressing it: what do you need to close down, what do you need to open up? Are you packing up a summer cabin and taking things home, leaving a weekend cabin in good shape to visit again soon, looking forward to seeing your usual places refreshed by absence?
Goals from last week, unless you were traveling and didn't post; let us know how you're doing with either goals or travels:
Something fun with kid
Do a few more things with old paper
Book vacation places and organize trip
Finish setting up new office computer
Read/edit giant report
Turn paper notes into something less random
Dame Eleanor Hull
(no goals posted; on vacation)
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Outline two female patrons.
Outline two female translators.
(no goals posted; presumably now in France)
1) work my contracted hours (nominally 22.5 in August . . . will either be working M-W or . . . M-Th but as four short days)
2) do some things on the lists -
3) replenishment: back to basics - keep it up. Eating plenty of fruit and veg, drinking enough water, a small exercise habit (10 minutes a day of deliberate exercise), a small chore habit (5 minutes of picking up or one of the recurring chores like a load of laundry each day), journal daily.
3a) substantial house projects: make the main downstairs room and the hall not too embarrassing before my sister 's visits
4) pressure reduction: apply for the administrative role, work on the honours module
5) fun/creative: do something social beyond the basics/read for half an hour at least 3 days/do at least two crochet stripes on the "desert colours" blanket project/play D&D, write another job board game or do other prep/play with watercolours a couple of times.
-teach the five classes I'm down for this week
-keep just-in-time VILE content ticking over
-mark and release first assessments
-get to one yoga class