I’m still mostly staying at home post-vaccine, which means all of my book browsing is digital. I follow a handful of bookstores on social media and attend virtuale events, including my favorite, BookPeople in Austin, where I went to college and lived for many years after. This prompt works whether you’ve recently been in bookstores or are pining for them. Questions from which to choose, should you wish: What’s the first section you go to when you walk into the bookstore? In what section are you likely to spend the most time? If your favorite bookstore has a cafe, do you have a favorite thing to order there?
I hope July is treating you well and you are finding peace in the day. Last week’s goals follow.
1) URGENT! Take photographs for local project, arrange analytical work, write up everything that is done already
2) Do image sorting and write-up on those for paper rewrite
3) Sort and label field photos for student
4) Continue manuscript revisions
5) Data processing for somebody else’s problem paper
6) Start doing creative thing for sabbatical
Dame Eleanor Hull
Keep up with Tour.
Exercise daily, eat carefully, go to bed by 11.
Some Life Stuff, like sending birthday card to great-nephew.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Do time study for three days.
Finish clearing off the home desk.
Write at least 300 words x 4.
Read and take notes for three articles.
Pack for the road trip.
1. Finish revising and submit "Death"
2. Yoga x2, run x5 if possible; one run over 3 miles
3. Finish academic book I'm reading (about 130 pages)
4. Read two dissertation chapters (I doubt I'll get to this)
5. Finish drafting tenure letter
6. Sit some amount, Latin some amount
7. Make pesto, havarti spread, tapenade, granola for trip; bottle beer (for after trip--it needs another month to age)
8. Write 20 letters encouraging voters in Virginia to apply for absentee ballots
9. Meet with new Undergrad Studies Director and begin transition OUT of that role!
1 Catch up on summer grading
2 Submit latest version of book chapter abstract
3 Two creative submissions
4 Make time for online course revision
1. Really get into chapter 3
2. Do something fun at the weekend
3. Something re course
4. Something on self-study (enough to ask the person who can get data to get it)
5. Get to bed at regular time, since going to bed late is what wrecks my sleep.