I really enjoyed reading your metaphors last week. They really help me conceptualize my life and work.
As usual, touch on the topic if you want to, check in with last week's goals, and list goals for next week.
1) Submit finished paper (Yay!)
2) Plan out structure of new Northern paper
3) Pick one part of Northern paper and work on it
4) Nag co-author to send me draft of joint paper so I can add my parts to it
Focus on health; rest enough, go to 3 yoga classes*, walk or cardio every day, eat safe foods.**
Do a whole bunch of TRQ things so I can stop thinking about them.
Schedule 1-2 hours a day for research and stick to that time.
1) Figure out session goals
2) Begin drafting a reading list for the SF course
3) Read four SF short stories and finish current novel
5) Go to both dentist appointments
6) Move my body around outside at least once
7) Sign up for local writing conference
1. Send Wonder to writing group
2. Sit x 6
3. Stay 1 week ahead of seminar reading
4. Bibliography search for Longer Impatience
1 Write 1000 words on Sweet
2 Write 3 modules for online course
3 Set up reading group
4 Finish and submit current book review
5 Edit submitted book review
1) make comments on latest versions of Crispier and ProblemChild1
2) make lists for Monday (and possibly go into the office and tidy my desk etc. over the weekend if I have a good day - when I booked this leave next week was the pre-semester prep week, but then the academic year was shifted. When I planned, it went prep week, first year induction week, returners week (induction stuff for second and third years, first year classes start), week when teaching for other years starts. However, the university has changed so that it's now: first year induction week, returners week PLUS all classes start - compressing 4 weeks to 2. AARGH
3) arrange to be interviewed by two possible felines at the shelter, and check out new cattery
4) finish current blanket square (knitting)
5) Go over the week for next week in my diary, and email various people to make appointments of various kinds
6) meal plan and to some extent meal prep for the week
7) Spend an hour in a coffee shop with paper and a pen thinking about this year's NaNoWriMo - do I start over with the first novel in my current sequence (which having written two and three now has continuity holes and other issues - mushing up the three of them into a coherent plot line and starting over would probably be a good move (I like to write by the write-destroy-rewrite-destroy-rewrite-edit method rather than the write once then edit edit edit method). Also fancy Autumnal lattes may be available now.
1. Prep for Hurricane (cheating, did this yesterday)
2. Finish typing in lost pages of Ch 6 (had a computer crash and lost digital copy but have hard copy)
3. Outline what needs to be done to complete Ch 6
4. Get all course readings on BB etc.
5. Exercise 3 x
1. Get asthma paper close to submission-ready
2. PTSD findings writeup and next steps
3. Lancet re-review
4. Gender & Violence re-review
5. Connect with stats person about other asthma paper
6. Connect with collaborators about drug use paper and methods paper