Many of us have had a few very rough weeks this year already for many reasons. The year feels like it has been quite long already, despite being only a month and a half old... It is now the middle of February, the time in the year where I start getting cabin fever and winter blahs, and it is really showing in my work and my level of engagement with writing. I think we can use a bit of cheer-leading and sparkles...
For this week's topic you have to make a list of five (yes 5!) things that you have done since January 1st that you are proud of. It can be anything, a new habit, a completed piece of work or crafts, the pile of chocolate that did not get eaten in a huff, anything...
Now of course we're usually pretty reluctant about doing something like that, so here is the alternative: make a list of 5 things you did since January; things that if a friend had done them, you'd be telling her/him that you are impressed or proud :)
2. Mental health: spend half an hour a day on my own, without interruptions, every day
3. Family: go to son's sports day for half a day. Cook a really nice dinner once.
4. Work: TLQ - look at, examine and reconstruct if necessary, 5 year goals.
5. Also, TRQ- write request for a piece of equipment, which first requires email conversation with overseas colleague that may or may not be productive
5. Fun: I can't even think of anything here, but imagine it will probably cross over with my half hour alone each day.
2. Keep working on establishing bedtime routine
3. Continue work on boxes
4. Try to take a full day off
Lots of grading and other teaching things this week so I'm picking any others.
2. Health: Here I need to be good to my leg and take my supplements and generally be very good to myself when it comes to food and stress.
3. Read: Bring a book for the plane and to help go to sleep.
4. Family: Love them this weekend.
5. Herbalism: Nothing doing on this front.
6. Work: I'm taking grading with me on my trip, and I'd like to get at least five projects done per day. I also have some short pieces to grade, and I'd like to get those done also, but that might be a bit much. I also need to prep Friday while I'm gone.
2) Finish conference paper and slides (this will be TRQ soon)
3) Finish primary source (this is a big goal, but I need to finish this novel!)
4) Read Magic chapter and write notes for chapter revision and article
5) Read a secondary source article/chapter
6) Write 1000 words for intro
7) Acquire everything I need to celebrate Valentine's Day upon my return (I return from conference on V-Day)
2 finish extended abstract
2. Make the hat.
3. Get a handle on the TRQ and generally make lists, deal with the easy items and clear space for TLQ in the coming weeks.
2. Pitch a short piece to the media
3. Sort out commitments to grant I don't like.
4. Keep up to date with my admin & leadership responsibilities.
1. Finish book review
2. Read two books for book prize
3. Get organized for next week's writing retreat (taking place in my house, but I'm declaring the long weekend a writing retreat!)
4. Do one journal
5 Exercise four times
6. Sleep regularity