the grid

the grid

Friday 25 December 2020

Happy 25 December, TLQers!

Merry Christmas, if you celebrate it, and a pleasant, peaceful day if you don't! Movies and Chinese food are always good, anyway, or you can just curl up with a book or handcrafts or whatever appeals. Or take a nap. If you're with the same people you've been cooped up with for months, may you re-discover their good qualities; if you miss the people you'd usually see, maybe you can be glad you didn't have to travel, this year.

(I'm not sure how long I can keep up the Pollyanna act, as I miss traveling, in general. But I do remember all the annoying bits of it.)

Thank you to all who consider themselves part of the TLQ community, and I hope you have a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dame Eleanor, and sending wishes back to the TLQ community. There have been naps and snacks, and there is still a whole pie waiting. May your naps and your snacks be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good wishes, Dame Eleanor! I hope everyone is having a good break as we ready ourselves for the new year. I've been organizing, decluttering, and filing--not the best fun in the world, but I plan to leave the disorganization behind with the rest of 2020.

    My Pollyanna act is wearing thin these days, too. Your suggestions help revive it, thank you! I spent part of the week writing and calling friends and former colleagues whom I've neglected lately, and that helps with the inability to travel.

    Tomorrow will be the bake-a-thon, a last flurry of holiday specialities. May everyone in the community have a lovely weekend, and a better 2021. Float like mist, everyone.

    ReplyDelete