Saturday, 7 September 2019
Intersession Week 3/End
Tiny intersession comes to an end...I’ve enjoyed the conversation. I didn’t manage to set goals for last week but I will for the week ahead. Although JaneB and Susan will start next session next week, I think we can still set goals and check in with each other. Looking forward!
Dame Eleanor Hull
*grade a short thing, make up two quizzes and grade them, other prep;
*daily exercise and stretching, adequate sleep;
*regular research, in whatever form (reading, note-taking, writing, planning) seems possible on a given day;
*make two appointments.
Elizabeth Anne Mitchell
Enjoy the Labor Day holiday.
Move half an hour x 6.
Find any old dissertation files in paper.
Pull/shred ten files.
Declutter the home study one hour x 3.
No goals set.
1) pick up and hoover and dust downstairs, keep kitchen clean and on top of clothes laundry, do one batch of towels-type laundry
2) every day in my office, make some progress with tidying and with organising (e.g. set up one VLE page, block out one module, set up folders on the PC). Finish set up of my new teaching bullet journal system as far as I can.
3) make figures for ProblemChild followup grant proposal. Use writing group time to get PCfu ready to send to collaborators for comments.
4) leave the office by 6 at the latest regardless of when I get there, do 45s all day when I'm there and on non-office days whenever I am sitting at my computer or over my phone (set an alarm for 45 minutes. When it goes off, reset it, then do one of: run an errand/go to the bathroom, walk around my floor (the corridor is a single loop), do half a set of stretches, spend five minutes standing and actively moving stuff/decluttering, or put on some music and dance to one song). Go to bed before midnight. Do one small non-work thing every evening (can be fun or necessary).
5) go into town on Friday or Sunday (free parking) & do at least one of: get a fancy frozen drink, spend an hour in a cafe thinking about NaNo and starting notes, browsing the stationary shop and using the voucher (I have to have a blood test at the Drs on Friday, so...).
6) collect data on what I eat and when and how some symptoms react (I have a new notebook to do that in at least).
1) write on Ch 6 secondary centers, try to finish
2) work with postdoc and grad student to get lab research pushed forward
3) make list of book writing left to do with calendar deadlines
4) meet with house decorator
5) exercise x 3, fun x 3
6) email to book editor
1. Apply for 3 more jobs
2. Work on job talk
3. Create workshop presentation
4. Organize for review project
5. Intro for IRIE paper
2. Visa for China
Posted by humming42 at 02:05